Thursday 3 January 2013

New Feature: Celebrate The Small Things

I am going to have a new feature on my blog: Celebrate The Small Things.

This was the winner of the poll to select a new feature - thanks everyone who voted. The idea of this is that we all celebrate the small achievements: finishing that chapter, or clearing out that cupboard!

This could work a number of ways, but I envisage that we post what we achieved this week, and congratulate each other so we share each other's joy. I would not have to be writing related. It could be I finished a tough piece of work at work, or got my child to eat something green at last. Any of the small achievements in life worth celebrating! :)

I would love it if you could help me decide how often this should be: every week, fortnightly (every two weeks), monthly.

Also is it best if it works in the comments to my post - so we all comment what we achieved and hopefully come back and congratulate others too, or bloghop around a few blogs congratulating each other? In which case we post what we achieved in our own blogs.

Please vote for what you think would work best below, if you think you'd join in...and thanks very much in advance if you think you might.! I'll be back next monday announcing my new schedule!

Celebrate the Small Things:

11 comments:

  1. Think it's a fine idea! If it's on Thursday I won't be participating but I will be reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like fortnightly so i can say fortnightly!
    fab idea and count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. I think fortnightly is great for putting together small celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good - fortnightly or monthly sound best to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments everyone!

    I have a few votes for all time periods ;) I will see if consensus is reached ;) Fortnightly might be a plan though - thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fortnightly works for me, and a bloghop might remind everyone its celebration time. (I often forget. Yes, I am so forgetful!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great--I'd love to participate in a blog hop so we can celebrate en masse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great way to keep perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Count me in! I'd go for a weekly declaration - 14 days is a long time to go if you're struggling for motivation. I fear the negativity might sneak in. Thanks for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! I voted, though i think a bunch of the options had merrit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ink - yes I am forgetful too!

    Nicole - thank you, glad you like the idea!

    Julia - ooh thank you and perhaps weekly is a way to go!

    Sarah, thank you for voting!

    Kelley - thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I'd love to know what you think! :)